Reservations shall be confirmed in writing by email or letter. A deposit of 40% of the total safari or tour cost is required on confirmation of reservation. The remaining balance must be paid not later than five weeks to the safari commencing. Reservations are subject to cancellation if final payment is not received by the due date. Reservations made and confirmed less than five weeks to departure of the tour are only considered as confirmed if the total cost of the tour is paid on reservation.
Rates are quoted in US Dollars and are subject to change with out notice. The prices quoted for the various itineraries are full board with ground transportation as per the itinerary, Park entrance fees; driver’s/ guides allowances and permits where applicable.
Most of our price quotes/ rates are not inclusive of Visa fees, local and international flights, traveler’s insurance. Also excluded are alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, tips and all personal expenses.
Payments can be made through telegraphic / wire transfer or cash to our bank account whose details are always provided on request.
Cancellations by Clients
Cancellation of a reservation must be received in writing. It shall only be effective from the date of receipt of the notification by our reservations office. The client will meet any costs incurred due to the cancellation such as bank transfer charges.
Gorilla Trekking Cancellation Policy
Cancellation fees are based on the date your written notification is received at Trek East Africa and actual pay for the permits at the Offices of Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Gorilla Permit Cancellation Policy for Uganda (separate from main tour and safari cancellation policy)
Gorilla Trekking Permits cannot be guaranteed until we receive a full deposit of US$600 per permit (for the high season) and US$350 for the low season.
Cancellations received on full payment
More than 90 days before the tracking date 25% cancellation fee
46 – 90 days before the tracking date 50% cancellation fee
9 – 45 days before the tracking date 75% cancellation fee
0 – 8 days before the tracking date 100% cancellation fee
Cancellation fees are based on the date your written notification is received at Trek East Africa.
Gorilla Permit Cancellation Policy for Rwanda (separate from main tour and safari cancellation policy)
Gorilla Trekking Permits cannot be guaranteed until we receive a deposit of US$750 per permit (separate from the main tour deposit) and actually pay for the permits at the Offices of Rwanda Development Board.
More than 46 days before the tracking date 50% cancellation fee
0 – 45 days before the tracking date 100% cancellation fee
Percentages are based on the full current permit price.
No refunds are given for:
- Cutting short the booked itinerary for whatever reason.
- Itineraries amended after departure.
- Lost travel time or substitution of advertised facilities.
- Circumstances arising beyond the company’s control necessitating alternative arrangements to be made so as to ensure the further participation / safety and enjoyment of your program.
- Not appearing for any booked activities.
Whilst the company provides all the services, to the best of its ability for your comfort and safety, it should be understood that all treks, safaris and tours are undertaken at the risk of the client.
- The Company and its employees and agents act only as agents of the passenger / client in all matters relating to treks, tours/safaris, accommodation and shall not be liable for any illness, death, injury, death, loss or damage to persons or personal property however caused.
- The laws of the country in which the tour takes place and no other country govern the company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the action rises. The company reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services or to change part or whole of the advertised program should conditions necessitate.
- The company’s liability to passengers carried in its own or agents vehicles is governed by the respective laws of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda and is under the jurisdiction of the named countries courts of law.
- An itinerary may change due to weather conditions where by the company shall not be held responsible for any delays caused.
- The company will not be held responsible for any cancellations or delays. Although we try to ensure that each programme advertised or tailored is properly arranged, we have no direct control over services provided outside of the company and can therefore not be held responsible for these.
The client is not covered by any insurance other than that which is provided by the laws of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda.
Information on our Website
Any information on our website is to the best of the company’s knowledge correct, but the company reserves the right to change the same. The information provided on the website and the photographs reproduced depict details on each destination and typical scenes experienced but the scene or subject may not necessarily be experienced or seen while visiting the destination.
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between Africa Gorilla Treks trading as Trek East Africa and you, to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No alterations to the terms and conditions may be made by any authorized company representative or agents unless in writing by the Managing Director. All decisions and matters are subject to the company’s discretion.