Spend a few days on a luxury Kenya safari in Samburu and Masai Mara for an unforgettable look into the landscapes and the people of Kenya. Track black rhino on foot, interact with the semi-nomadic Samburu tribe and learn about local Maasai traditions and culture.
During your luxury Kenya safari, look out for herds of elephant, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and desert dwelling animals such as the Gerenuk and Beisa oryx while on guided game drives. Subject to month of travel, you could also witness the wildebeest and zebra migration numbering in their millions, moving in search of fresh water and grazing. Delight in the wide-open sky and space of the plains while on a walking safari with a Maasai warrior during your luxury Kenya safari.
- Experience game drives, bush walks, night game drives, bush meals & sundowners
- Meet and interact with Samburu and Maasai warriors
- Stay in the only lodge, in the Kalama Conservancy, with 200,000 acres of unspoilt wilderness to explore exclusively, teeming with game
- Sit at the photographic hide, that is buried underground overlooking an active waterhole
- Stay in the Mara North Conservancy, an exclusive, private wildlife concession, which borders the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Enjoy traversing the Masai Mara area, famous for the great migration of wildebeest and zebra
- Year round regular sightings of large predators
DAY 1: NAIROBI
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), you will be met by our driver/ guide who will then transfer you to your hotel for check-in.
Subject to time of your arrival, you could opt to explore the vibrant city of Nairobi and visit popular attractions such as Nairobi National Park or the Daphne Sheldrick Orphanage.
Overnight stay at Ole-Sereni Airport Hotel
DAY 2 – 4: SAMBURU SAFARI IN KENYA
After breakfast at the hotel, your African safari adventure begins as you transfer by road to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to either Oryx Samburu Airstrip or Kalama airstrip. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to the lodge for check-in.
During your stay at Saruni Samburu, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a number of unique activities which include game drives in the Kalama Conservancy, Buffalo Springs National Park and Samburu National Park; night drives on the Kalama Conservancy, birdwatching, guided bush walks, cultural village visits, visits to local caves, trekking excursions up Mount Ololokwe, helicopter and bi-plane excursions from Mount Kenya to Turkana.
This trip will give you the opportunity to indulge in bush dining in areas along the Ewaso Niro River and starlit dinners in a dry river bed.
Overnight stay at Saruni Samburu. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
DAY 5 – 7: MASAI MARA SAFARI
After an incredible experience in Samburu, your Kenya safari journey continues as you transfer back to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Mara North Airstrip. On arrival, you will experience a 40-minute game drive enroute the lodge.
During your stay at Saruni Masai Mara, you will not only enjoy world-class accommodation but also have the opportunity to experience game drives in Masai Mara National Reserve and surrounding conservancies; night drives on the Mara North Conservancy, guided bush walks through the forest and valleys around the lodge, birdwatching, spa treatments, a warrior academy for the kids, hiking up Kilelioni mountain, cultural visits with the remarkable Masai people, and incredible hot air balloon rides over the plains of the Mara.
Overnight stay at Saruni Mara. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
DAY 8: Departure from Kenya
After a sumptuous breakfast, you gather your belongings and bid farewell to the African bush as you transfer back to Mara North airstrip for your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport. On arrival, you will connect with your onward travel arrangements.
End of 8 Days Samburu & Masai Mara Tour in Kenya
- Return flights from Wilson Airport to Samburu and Masai Mara
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- 6 nights’ accommodation in luxury safari lodges in the Masai Mara and Samburu
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local drinks including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers,non-luxury spirits and house wines
- Shared game drives, night game drives, guided bush walks accompanied by experienced guides
- Bush meals, sundowners and picnic excursions
- Cultural visits
- Laundry service
- All meet and greet services
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- Champagne, premium spirits and standard cellar wines
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct
- Visa Fees
- International Flights plus any other items of personal nature